Posted on 24 July, 2023
Analyzing the resale value of a traditional wood deck versus a fortress steel frame with composite decking in the Denver real estate market requires considering local preferences, climate conditions, and market trends. Let's examine how each option might impact the resale value in this specific market:
- Denver experiences a semi-arid climate with four distinct seasons. The region can have hot summers, cold winters, and extreme temperature fluctuations. Traditional wood decks are susceptible to weather-related wear and tear, such as warping, splintering, and rot, due to temperature changes and exposure to moisture. In contrast, fortress steel framing with composite decking is more durable and resistant to weather elements, making it a preferred choice for the Denver market.
- As mentioned earlier, traditional wood decks demand regular maintenance, including staining, sealing, and repairs, to keep them in good condition and extend their lifespan. Left untreated, PT deck boards will start to show signs of decay in as little as 5 years. In the Denver market, where homeowners may prefer low-maintenance options due to busy lifestyles, the reduced maintenance requirements of fortress steel framing with composite decking could be a significant selling point. Composite decking is easy to clean and does not require frequent upkeep, making it an attractive feature for potential buyers. In contrast, once you begin to stain/protect your wood deck you will need to continually refinish every 1-2 years to keep the desired look from decaying.
Aesthetics and Curb Appeal:
- Both traditional wood decks and composite decking with fortress steel framing can offer excellent aesthetics. Traditional wood decks have a classic and natural charm that appeals to some buyers seeking a rustic feel. However, in a modern and urban setting like Denver, the clean and uniform appearance of composite decking may be more favored by buyers, contributing to higher resale value.Fortress framing can convert a second story deck into a comfortable patio space with sleek lines and longer spans between posts. This makes for comfortable outdoor getaway from the summer heat.
Market Demand and Trend:
- The Denver real estate market is experiencing high demand for finished outdoor space among buyers. As sustainable and low-maintenance features continue to gain popularity, fortress steel framing with composite decking is increasingly sought after by buyers. This trend aligns with the market's interest in environmentally-friendly and efficient home features, which positively impact the resale value.
Longevity and ROI:
- Fortress steel framing with composite decking offers a longer lifespan and higher durability compared to traditional wood decks. Homebuyers in Denver might consider the long-term cost savings and increased durability of the composite option, and have seen this translate into a higher perceived value for the property. Market research suggests up to 70% ROI with fortress steel framing and composite deck boards over traditional wood structures. The investment in a low-maintenance, long-lasting deck provides a positive selling point for potential buyers.
In the Denver real estate market, the resale value of a fortress steel frame with composite decking is higher compared to a traditional wood deck. Factors such as the region's climate, demand for low-maintenance features, and the trend towards eco-friendly building practices favor composite decking with fortress steel framing. The increased durability, reduced maintenance requirements, and modern aesthetics of composite decking are likely to resonate with potential buyers, contributing to a higher value and a more appealing selling point in the Denver market.
Thinking about adding a deck to your Colorado home? Request your no-obligation quote today to get a sense of what the project will cost. Have questions? Always feel free to reach out! We'd be happy to schedule a time to sit down with you and discuss your options.